Sunday, January 17, 2010

“Maybe I’m just a girl on a mission, but I’m ready to fly……”

It was always a dream of mine to travel to Africa. But I never thought it would happen when I least expected it. Ever since I found out that studying abroad in South Africa for my spring semester was my destiny, I kept counting down the days. Now it’s finally here, and I truly can’t believe it. For months, I told myself I was going, and now actually going is on my fingertips. I leave tomorrow.

After the past two weeks of preparing and packing the stress has definitely kicked in. For some reason I just can’t get my bag to be 50 pounds, no matter how much stuff I take out or with the help of Annelise, re-arrange it. It’s now at 55 pounds. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see my fate tomorrow at the airport. Hopefully they’ll show mercy.

Tomorrow I begin my journey of a lifetime, and after a full day of preparing,it really has hit me. I cannot believe I am really getting on a plane tomorrow for South Africa. I know this journey will be the experience of a lifetime and I am ready for it to begin.

Until next time,
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment